Learning about domiciliary care is essential for anybody who either requires care for themselves or a loved one or would like to provide a domiciliary care service as an individual or an agency.
Domiciliary care is an increasingly popular alternative to care homes, but there is a lot of contradictory information out there, and this course will provide you with a concise and accurate guide.
We cover the basics of who requires domiciliary care, the various tasks and responsibilities involved and the fundamental standards that must be adhered to.
You will also be taken through a step-by-step guide on how to apply for council-assisted domiciliary care and how to source it privately via agencies and trained individuals.
Finally, we provide a complete guide on how to register as a domiciliary carer, either individually or as an agency, and take you through the mandatory legislative and practical steps to provide this service legally in the UK.
You Will Learn
- Who requires domiciliary care, what it entails and the responsibilities involved
- The fundamental care standards that all carers need to know
- All about sourcing council-assisted and private domiciliary care
- How to legally provide domiciliary care as an agency or an individual
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will ensure the happiness and health of your loved ones
- You will be able to start a rewarding home care business in a few easy steps
- You will save time and effort by getting the correct information regarding home care
- You will avoid the legal consequences of not following the correct domiciliary care procedures
Who can take the Domiciliary Care Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Domiciliary Care Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.