Almost everyone, regardless of your position, career or even age has had to produce a document at least once in their lives. If you are involved in the business world, are a student, or have ever needed to communicate to others in writing, you know the importance of good document preparation. It is not enough to just get your ideas out there; you have to do so in a way that is clear, concise and easy for others to understand.
This course goes over everything you need to know about how to present a properly produced document. We begin by outlining the steps you should take before you sit down to start writing, emphasising the need to stay on topic while writing compelling and well-researched text. Next, we talk about how to write an introduction and conclusion, while also giving you tips on how to craft the body of any document in a way that makes it easy to read. Finally, we talk about the technical details of document presentation.
You Will Learn:
- The six steps to creating a compelling, attractive and readable document
- How to choose a topic when faced with a written assignment
- The importance of research when developing your content
- How to ensure you stay on track when writing your document
- The five elements you should never overlook in document preparation
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Understand more about font selection when creating a document
- Learn about the three main components of any written text
- If you work in the business world, learn how to prepare convincing sales pitches and research proposals
- If you are a student, understand the importance of clear written communication as well as the things you should pay attention to in your own writing
- If you work in an office or another professional setting, learn how to prepare documents in a way that makes them easy to read and respond to
Who can take the Document Presentation Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Document Presentation Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.