Discover Your Creativity
This course is designed for anyone wanting to cultivate a spark of creativity, regardless of medium. Whether you want to make music, visual art, sculpture, film or writing, this course will help you to get in touch with your fundamental creativity by discovering that we all have creative potential. We believe there’s no such thing as a ‘non-creative’ person, it’s just a case of learning and choosing to nurture this part of yourself.
We will help you to understand and cultivate your own creative practice in a healthy and sustainable way, to overcome blockages to realising your artistic desires and to set your unique voice free.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify and overcome limiting beliefs that may be holding you back from embracing your inner creativity
- How to hone your mindset to set you up for cultivating a good creative practice
- How to tune out judgement and cynicism from your inner critic, learn to nurture your inner creative self, and feel inspired
- How to explore and expand your creative horizons and live a more fulfilling and creative life
- Discover a sense of purpose or calling within your creativity – even if that is purely experiencing your own creative joy more fully
- How to fully embody your creativity so that it becomes a long-term part of (or way of) life, and not just ‘a phase’
Benefits of this course
- Feel inspired or re-inspired to create whatever lights you up
- Understand yourself, your habits and your creativity more deeply than you have before
- Learn a whole series of exercises and prompts to guide you back into a state of inspiration that will last you far beyond the confines of these short modules
- A manageable, bite-sized approach to undergoing the internal growth that is an essential part of the path to creative evolution
- Make breakthrough progress towards fulfilling your creative aspirations
- How to become aware of the story you’ve told yourself internally about your creativity, or about creativity in general; this is central to beginning the process of unblocking and unlocking your inner spark
- What your structural beliefs are around creativity and artistic endeavours, and how these are holding you back
- How to overcome fear and make your aspirations tangible, not just pipedreams
- How to tune into what creativity means for you and why you desire it in your life
- Self-care practices for your inner creative self
- Exercises and prompts to experiment with reducing the impact of your inner critic (another inner guest to meet)
- How to amplify the creative part of you that may have gone unexpressed for a long time, or has never been allowed out
- Discover which areas of your life help and which areas of your life hinder your creativity, which people in your life are your champions, and which people to be wary of trusting with your creative self
- How to practise listening to the ‘whispers’ of your inner creativity
- How to connect to unexplored parts of yourself and your life and allow this to inform your creative practice
- How to find authentic new mediums for expressing yourself
- How to listen to your deepest calling, creatively
- How to discover your truest voice, and to express it clearly and uniquely
- Exercises and techniques to help you explore a sense of vocation in your creative work
- Tools to discover who your creativity is really for, and to express what your message may be in your work
- Regular creative and self-care practices that help to keep your creativity alive
- How viewing creativity from an integrated perspective is key to ensuring you maintain your creative engagement
- How creativity and wellbeing are intertwined
- The importance of connection and community / The importance of supporting yourself and cheering yourself on
Who can take the Discover Your Creativity Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Discover Your Creativity Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.