Digital Art Tools for Photoshop Certification
Ever wonder why a picture in a magazine looks flawless or how creative an advertising banner looks? While being a professional designer or photographer may have a lot to do with it, the potential to create amazing images is possible for anyone. The key is to learn how to use the right post-production software, such as Adobe Photoshop. The ability to create multi-layers with unique effects and designs allows the designer to add depth and dimension. It is important to understand what Photoshop is used for as it has multiple functions and can be a very useful tool in not just editing photos, but also creating pamphlets, banners, business cards and flyers. This course will teach you about the benefits of such a program and also provides instructions on how to use it for both professional and personal needs.
Throughout the course, you will see 21 different videos. Each video will take you on a step-by-step journey through the basic features of Photoshop. While there are several obvious features, such as the ‘Layers’ dialogue box, there are additional ways to use each tool to maximise the post effects of a photo.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to create a new file and adjust a canvas size that is suitable to project needs
- How to navigate through the software, where to find its tools and understand the layout of the page
- Learn how to identify Photoshop tools and understand their basic functionalities
- Learn how to identify the secondary tools, how to select them and what they are used for
- Learn shortcuts and understand how and when to use them
- How to use the layer option and understand the layer dialogue box
- Learn how to use and apply adjustment layers
- How to add effects and filter to an existing image
- You will learn the basic steps of using Photoshop and can begin to create a design
- How to become more efficient by using shortcuts and understanding the use of specific tools
- You will understand how to enhance an image and ways to crop the image to reuse for another project
- The importance of colours and how they can be adjusted and enhanced using the different colour options such as colour balance
- How to use brightness and contrast, exposure and hue and saturation to manipulate a photo
- How to use rulers to make creative designs such as pamphlets
- Design elements that enhance a creative project
Who can take the Digital Art Tools for Photoshop Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 21 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 21 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 21 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Digital Art Tools for Photoshop Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.