Dementia Awareness Certification
Dementia is highly prevalent and affects millions of people around the world. It includes a broad category of brain diseases that become progressively worse over time - and we’re seeing a sharp increase in diagnosis.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into the types, nature and aspects of dementia, as well as ways to prevent and manage this terrible affliction.
From the different categories to the current research into the causes and potential ways to ease the burden of dementia, this comprehensive course covers all the bases.
You Will Learn
- The basics about dementia - the definitions, brief history and categories
- The different stages of dementia
- The symptoms of dementia
- A comprehensive look at the different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- How to prevent and manage dementia
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will be able to better understand and interact with sufferers of dementia in your life
- You will become familiar with techniques to prevent dementia which can be applied to your life as well as shared with others
- You will learn about the common misconceptions that many people have and play an active role in enlightening others
- You will understand all about the different stages and how sufferers are affected
- You will learn all about the different symptoms of dementia and how to manage them effectively
Who can take the Dementia Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Dementia Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.