Decoding Direct/Indirect Messages
Many of us go into situations with communication with no concept of the type of communicators we are. Some people are direct communicators and some are indirect communicators. Each type of communicator portrays different types of messages to others. In order to be a better communicator, both in your personal and professional life, you need to understand how to decode these messages.
This course gives you an overview of both direct and indirect messages. It fully explains what each of these communication styles are and how people use them in both personal and professional settings. This course also covers how to use both direct and indirect messages in your communications with others and it gives specific scenarios that help you to easily see the differences between them. Finally, the course covers both the specific traits that each of these types of communicators have and it also covers how you can communicate better based on the type of communicator you are.
You Will Learn:
- How to understand what direct messages are
- How to understand what indirect messages are
- How both direct and indirect messages are used during
- The traits of both direct and indirect communicators
- How to communicate with others based on your communication type
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learn more about the ways you can communicate with others
- Learn about what type of communicator you are and how you can better communicate with others
- Understand how to better communicate with people who communicate in a direct opposite manner than you are used to
- If you are working in a business setting, you will learn how to understand how your colleagues communicate and how you can work together in a more effective way simply through communication
- If you are wondering how to more effectively communicate with others, this course gives tips about changing your own communication style
Who can take the Decoding Direct/Indirect Messages Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Decoding Direct/Indirect Messages Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.