Dangers of Sleep Deprivation Certification
Sleep deprivation is a serious issue faced by millions of people across the globe. The statistics in the UK alone are daunting, with close to 70% of residents reporting dealing with instances of acute or chronic sleep deprivation at least once in their lives. Sleep deprivation is more than simply waking up tired - it is a condition where you do not get enough sleep to function well. It can lead to serious health risks and complications.
This course provides you with comprehensive information about sleep deprivation. It begins by talking about the importance of sleep and defining sleep deprivation in its acute and chronic phases. It then moves on to cover the various causes and risk factors associated with sleep deprivation. The symptoms of sleep deprivation are also covered in detail. Finally, the course talks about preventative measures you can take to reduce the risk of sleep deprivation happening to you. Treatment methods are covered in the same module.
You Will Learn:-
- Why all people need to get at least seven hours of sleep per night
- The clinical definition of sleep deprivation in all its phases
- The reasons why people feel sleep deprived
- The cognitive, emotional and physical symptoms of sleep deprivation
- Tips on how to prevent sleep deprivation from happening for those in high-risk groups
- Tips on how to treat both acute and chronic sleep deprivation
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Recognising the signs of sleep deprivation in yourself and others
- Understanding what sleep deprivation is, how it occurs and the differences between acute and chronic deprivation
- Learning about the causes and risk factors associated with sleep deprivation in both its acute and chronic phases
- Gaining knowledge about the various symptoms and disorders caused by sleep deprivation
- Learning how to prevent and treat this condition
Who can take the Dangers of Sleep Deprivation Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Dangers of Sleep Deprivation Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.