Crowd Management Certification
Good crowd control is essential in preventing crushing, outbreaks of violence, riots, and other potential incidents that can occur when a large number of people are gathered together in one place.
This course will outline key considerations for those involved in controlling crowds or planning large-scale events. It will provide guidance on keeping the public safe and putting together emergency plans.
You Will Learn:
- The three main phases of an event you need to consider when planning crowd control measures
- What to do if the number of people attempting to gain admission exceeds the capacity of a venue
- How to ensure that everyone knows their role in the crowd control team
- How to put together a plan to cover every eventuality
- How to liaise with third parties to coordinate crowd control
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are planning a large event, this course will help you uphold your responsibility to ensure public safety
- If you work in an industry that brings you into contact with crowds, such as catering, this course will provide you with valuable safety information
- If you work in the security field, this course will give you a brief overview of issues in crowd control
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, this course will help you conduct an assessment if your business is planning a large event
Who can take the Crowd Management Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Crowd Management Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.