Create Your Own Website
This course on developing your website examines the reasons for having a website, the types of websites you can design yourself and the advantages and disadvantages of using a professional web designer.
It looks at the requirements for a successful website, including types of pages, SEO, tips for successful design and accessibility, the difference between mobile websites and apps and the regulatory requirements for websites.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
This short course on web design is intended to teach you:
- The reasons why a website is important
- How to design a website with the help of Wix or WordPress
- The basics of designing a website without a website builder
- The advantages and disadvantages of employing a professional web designer
- All the tips required for a good website, including SEO, troubleshooting, mobile websites, apps and recommended web pages
The Benefits of the Course:
- This course will give you a broad overview of the techniques and tips for effective website design
- It will motivate and encourage you to design or have a website for your business
- It might motivate you to make web design your career choice or a serious hobby, by introducing you to a fascinating set of skills
- It will help you feel comfortable with website-related technical terms
- You will realise the importance of having a website
- Why it is so important for a business to have a website
- The many benefits of having a website
- This module will examine the benefits of having a website.
- The basic requirements for developing a site through the website builders Wix and WordPress
- The advantages and disadvantages of using a website builder
- The requirements for building a site from scratch, without a web builder
- The advantages and disadvantages of building your site from scratch
- The pros and cons of hiring a website designer
- We will examine the challenges and processes of building your website from scratch and the pros and cons of that method.
- Which pages are required on a website
- The difference between a mobile app that clients can download and a mobile website
- Tips for improving your website's accessibility and its bounce rate
- About : SEO, T&Cs, Contact Page, Cookies, Contracts, Privacy Notice, and Security and Data Protection
Who can take the Create Your Own Website Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Create Your Own Website Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.