Counsellors are trained and licensed health professionals. They talk to patients about their life issues and help them find solutions to their problems. Counsellors differ, and so do their therapy approaches.
Talking therapy helps patients handle various behavioural and mental issues, such as depression, anger, grief and anxiety, among others. Counsellors talk to their patients about all sorts of issues that are affecting their lives. Through discussion, solutions to the clients’ problems are found.
Counsellors work in all kinds of settings, such as family planning clinics, technical institutes, schools, community health centres, private practices and universities, among others.
The kind of training that a counsellor undergoes varies from one counsellor to another. Due to the importance of counselling, clients should take the time to pick the right counsellor to provide them with talking therapy.
You Will Learn:
- What counselling is, and what it entails
- Issues that counselling can help solve
- Counselling for depression, and how talking therapy works
- NHS counselling services and private services
- Voluntary and charity organisations offering counselling services
- Other talking therapies
Benefits of This Course:
Taking this course will help you:
- Learn what counselling is and what it involves
- Determine if you or a loved one is dealing with issues that a counsellor can help with
- Understand that counselling can help with depression
- Understand about NHS and private counselling services
- Understand where to go for counselling if you don’t have the money to pay for such services
- Understand if you need a referral to counselling services
- Understand where to go for counselling services
- Understand other talking therapies
- Determine if you would like to be a counsellor
Who can take the Counselling Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Counselling Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.