Understanding the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations are vital for both employers and employees for safety as well as legal reasons
This Course provides a comprehensive insight into COSHH, what employers and employees need to know, and what they need to do to tick the legal boxes.
From defining hazardous substances to performing risk assessments, and understanding the precautions and contingency planning involved, this course covers every aspect employees and employers need to be aware of.
You Will Learn
- How to perform a risk assessment
- The consequences of failing to adhere to COSHH Regulations
- The benefits of adherence to employers and employees
- All about the precautions to take to minimize health risks
- About how to deal with monitoring and handling exposure
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will be able to identify categories of hazardous substances and apply this knowledge in your particular field
- You will be able to contribute valuable information to your company’s risk assessment strategy
- You will understand the legalities surrounding adherence to COSHH Regulations and make suggestions as an employer or employee
- You will understand the precautions that need to be taken and apply them in your company environment
- You will learn potentially life-saving emergency planning strategies
Who can take the COSHH Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the COSHH Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.