Conducting Rewarding Meetings Certification
This course will benefit any level of employee in your organisation who is regularly involved in running meetings. It is suitable for managers, team members and administrative and support staff.
The course provides the tools and knowledge that are required to plan, facilitate and follow up on meetings that are efficient and effective. With greater focus and productivity, you’ll see meetings that are clearly tied into the team/organisation’s goals.
This is a course with benefits that are immediately realised, as the learning can instantly be put into practice.
This is also a good course to offer, if you have targets for improving personal development and growth for your employees.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The course is taught in five modules with the following outcomes:
- An understanding of the elements that come together, in order for any meeting to be efficient and successful in achieving its aim;
- The identification of different types of meetings and how to choose one that best suits the aim of the meeting and how to manage it;
- The process of setting optimised and effective agendas, in order to avoid time- wasting and to cover all requirements;
- How to create an environment that is conducive to engaging all attendees and engendering open discussion, ultimately fostering better communication across the organisation;
- How to identify and set meeting objectives and how to measure the success of a meeting with clearly-defined criteria;
- How to assertively and effectively communicate;
- How to identify and manage disruptive attendees and other distractions, in order to minimise time-wasting;
- How to keep to the meeting timetable and efficiently and effectively manage tasks;
- How to effectively delegate meeting tasks;
- How to set targeted feedback mechanisms for continuous improvement and growth;
- Guidelines for efficiently and effectively running short meetings.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- The study schedule is flexible, in order to suit individual timetables and is available via any device with an internet connection;
- Completion of the course results in a respected and recognisable certification for your team member;
- Employees will learn the ability to facilitate and lead an efficient and effective meeting;
- Online study support is available for your team members;
- Study materials will always be available to the employee, meaning there is the possibility for refresher training in the future.
- Understand what it takes to be an effective meeting leader or attendee
- Learn how to prepare an effective agenda for a successful meeting
- Discover the different types of meetings and which ones suit your needs
- Know how to prepare for a meeting to maximise the changes of successful outcomes
- Identify the personal traits of leaders who lead effective meetings and learn how to emulate them
- Learn how leaders can create the conducive environment necessary for everyone’s participation
- Understand the role of meeting leaders in controlling the direction of meetings and sticking to agendas
- Realise the importance of fostering openness during discussions and learn how to achieve it
- Identify how to centre meetings around a clear purpose and defined objectives
- Learn how to select meeting attendees and inspire active, collaborative participation.
- Understand how to implement a process for developing meeting agendas.
- Discover how to measure the success of meetings by identifying specific outcomes and determining results
- Understand what an efficient meeting is and the elements necessary to create one
- Learn how to communicate with personal authority and the posture necessary to achieve such an outcome
- Identify disruptive influences and personalities, learn how to prevent them from hindering your meeting
- Learn when the proper time is for summarising agenda points and the meeting as a whole
- Identify and demonstrate positive behaviours which inspire meeting effectiveness
- Learn how to add value to meetings with documentation, guides and technology
- Discover how to effectively take notes and actions which support progress and prevent overwhelm
- Understand the importance of drawing effective and regular conclusions during and at the end of meetings
Who can take the Conducting Rewarding Meetings Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Conducting Rewarding Meetings Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.