Computer and Internet for Beginners Certification
This easy-to-follow 10 module course is designed to help staff in your business with a very basic understanding of how to operate a computer and the internet, in order to advance their knowledge and master these tools.
This course will give team members an understanding of how to use a computer, in order to simplify their life and advance their career. They will learn how to use the internet to research, use social media, manage their e-mails, retrieve information and how to stay safe while doing so.
This course is entirely online, so your employees are able to study anywhere and at any time as long, as they have an internet connection.
The course generally takes around 15 hours to complete, but, as everyone studies at different rates, some individuals are able to complete the course sooner than others.
Access to this course is available across all devices that have internet access.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Through this course, learners will learn:
- The basic components and how to operate a computer;
- What software is necessary, to enable a computer to function;
- The tools that are available to correct errors, locate files, undo and redo actions or copy and paste;
- Keyboard shortcuts and how you can use them, in order to simplify their experience;
- The fundamentals of the internet, such as how it works and how to find a service provider and activate their service;
- How to use basic internet functions and tools and how to locate and navigate websites;
- The ability to effortlessly navigate their e-mail, even using advanced features;
- Familiarisation with social media, learning how to create an account, upload photos and how to use it, in order to professionally connect with people;
- The importance of internet safety and how to create a strong password, in order to safeguard their accounts.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
There are a range of benefits to successfully completing this course. These benefits include:
- Learning the basics necessary to operate a computer and begin navigating the internet;
- Getting a great start, in order to help advance your employee’s career;
- The course is available entirely online;
- Your team members are able to study at the time and from the place that best suits them;
- Study materials are available on all major devices, and your team members can access them 24/7.
- The different parts that make up a computer
- How to turn on and operate a computer
- How to use a mouse and keyboard
- How to use an operating system
- What to do when you make a mistake when using a computer
- How to undo and redo actions on a computer
- How to create, edit and delete files and folders
- How to locate files and folders on a computer
- How to understand the Menu Bar
- How to cut, copy, and paste
- How to undo changes
- How to adjust the settings on your computer
- What keyboard shortcuts are
- How to use keyboard shortcuts in Windows
- How to use keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS
- How to use Windows applications
- What the internet and the world wide web is
- How the internet works
- Activities that you can do on the internet
- Choosing an internet service provider and setting up internet
- How to get online with a web browser
- How to identify the parts of an internet browser
- How to use a search engine to find information
- How to navigate a website
- How to use the cloud on the internet
- How to create effective usernames and passwords
- How to use sign-up forms
- How to use bookmarks and tabs
- How to send and receive electronic mail
- How to use advanced email features
- How to manage your email inbox
- The most popular social networking sites
- How to create strong account passwords
- How to avoid common password mistakes
- How to recognise internet threats
- How to avoid spam and phishing
- The different types of computers
- What you can use your computer for
- How much you should spend on a computer
- Choosing a processor, memory and operating system
Who can take the Computers and Internet for Beginners Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Computers and Internet for Beginners Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.