Communication Techniques for Managers Certification
This comprehensive online course covering the subject of communication techniques is a great way in which to help the managers and team leaders in your business learn more about successful communication, allowing them to professionally liaise with customers and colleagues and giving them the confidence to debate, discuss and resolve conflict in a more effective manner.
Enrolled team members will find lots of practical tips, in order to guide them towards more successful methods of communicating with their team in different ways, while respecting the different communication styles of others.
It’s perfect for existing managers or those who have been recently promoted to management roles, in order to set them up for success.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The course covers a range of information relating to successful communication from a management perspective. Here are some of the highlights that your employees can expect:
- The key personal attributes and qualities displayed by good communicators and how to develop such skills;
- The difference between soft and hard skills and how to use both to the greatest advantage, when communicating with your team;
- How to manage a range of situations which may occur in a team and how to use communication, in order to overcome various issues and resolve conflict;
- The range of different types of communication styles and how to identify which style is most appropriate in which situation and how to adapt your own style, when dealing with different types of people and circumstances;
- The concepts of listening, posture and modulation when communicating and how to use each to the greatest advantage;
- Tips on interacting with others well and building a working environment that is inclusive, motivating and empowering for employees.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
There are plenty of advantages that your employee and your business can expect by taking the Communication Techniques for Managers Certification course:
- Your employees will gain a range of skills, to support them in communicating with their teams in the best possible way, for the benefit of your business;
- Thanks to the modular course structure, your employees can study at their own pace and on any device that suits them;
- When they successfully complete the course, your employees will achieve an industry-recognised certificate.
- Definition, importance and relevance of soft skills in the workplace
- Importance of people interactions and people skills
- The concept of self-awareness in a manager
- Pros and cons of different types of management styles
- Why strong communication skills are crucial to workplace success
- Effective communication strategies for managers
- Active listening skills (barriers to listening and tips to listen actively)
- Body language, posture, gestures
- Successful interaction in the workplace
- Trust, employee independence and accountability
- Patience as a valuable managerial communication skill
- How to create an empowering environment and motivate employees
- Factors that promote high performance team building
- Assigning roles to each member; selecting the right team
- Techniques for team empowerment
- Incentives and motivation
- Causes of workplace conflict
- Different conflict styles including interdependence, competition, personality clashes etc.
- Conflict behaviours and resolution strategies; interest-based relational approach
- Ideas and insights on transforming negative workplace experiences into positive experiences
Who can take the Communication Techniques for Managers Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Communication Techniques for Managers Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.