Communication Basics Certification
Sound communication skills are vital to your success in the workplace. Unfortunately, many people find it hard to communicate or decode spoken and written messages. This can give rise to arguments and misunderstandings.
This course will provide you with an insight into the pillars of communication, and how you can use them to enhance your relationships at work and at home.
You Will Learn:
- The basic model underlying all forms of communication
- The most common problems that arise during communication, and how to resolve them
- How to deal with conflict in the early stages
- How to use body language to emphasise your message
- What to do if you do not understand what someone else is saying
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- Reliable communication is essential to all healthy relationships, so this course is relevant to people working in any sector
- If you are responsible for resolving disputes at work, this course will give you an insight into how conflict can arise in the first place
- If you train others as part of your job, this course will help you get your message across quickly and easily
- If you work with people from diverse backgrounds, this course will help bridge the gap by teaching you how to work successfully with anyone
Who can take the Communication Basics Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Communication Basics Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.