Communication Barriers in the Workplace Certification
Difficulties in the workplace are often a result of communication issues. Barriers to communication are specific items that hinder the exchange of ideas, information, or thoughts. Learning how to address these issues can help you improve the productivity and efficiency of your working environment.
This course will be looking at six of the most common workplace communication barriers, including interpersonal, physical, cultural, language, gender and status barriers, as well as how to identify and overcome each.
You Will Learn:
- What the most common communication barriers in the workplace are
- How communication barriers affect the workplace and your team
- How to identify and address relevant communication barriers
- How to be more effective at communication
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to identify communication barriers relevant to your workplace
- Your knowledge will guide you in overcoming these barriers
- You will learn to look at communication from different perspectives
- Your actions will lead to more productive and efficient teamwork in the workplace
Who can take the Communication Barriers in Workplace Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Communication Barriers in Workplace Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.