The course covers the essential things you need to know to boost your career within the cleaning industry.
What You Will Learn
The ten modules are overflowing with valuable information that you can use in your cleaning career, this includes:
- Know the different types of cleaning jobs from domestic cleaning to commercial and industrial cleaning. Identify whether it is worthwhile to work for someone or own your own cleaning business.
- Get to grips with essential cleaning equipment. Know what equipment you will need and how to use it. Also learn how to effectively store cleaning equipment.
- Learn about chemical safety, including the chemicals you will use on a daily basis. Know the difference between acidic, alkaline and neutral chemicals and what they are used for.
- Learn essential cleaning techniques and expected standards. This includes dusting surfaces, cleaning glass and mirrors, how to clean speciality surfaces and what standards you need to maintain.
- Know about cleaning products and protective clothing, helping you identify what you should wear to protect your clothes, speciality cleaning products and clothing branding to boost brand visibility.
- Understand the importance of effective kitchen cleaning. Learn about food safety, how to effectively clean a cooker and a refrigerator and so much more.
- Know the best routine to clean a bathroom and toilet area. Learn about the best routines and why you should have colour coded cloths.
- Learn how office cleaning differs from residential cleaning and identify various techniques to effectively clean staff toilets.
- Identify with green cleaning solutions from homemade cleaning products to steam cleaning and more.
- Learn how to deal with non-categorised waste. You will get to know the different types of waste and how to manage the transfer flow of waste to ensure cleanliness at all times.
- Learn more about running an ironing service and what this entails.
Benefits of the Cleaning Certification
- Improve your career prospects.
- Improve your earning potential with the knowledge and skills obtained in this course.
- Download and print your certificate as and when you need it.
- To understand the realm of domestic cleaning
- To know the difference between commercial and domestic cleaning
- To discover how to become a carpet cleaner
- To understand the tasks and skills necessary for ironing work
- To learn about the different types of chemicals you encounter in cleaning
- To learn the difference between acidic, alkaline and neutral chemicals
- To understand safety processes when working with chemicals
- To learn about safe chemical storage
- To know how to properly present yourself to your clients
- To understand how to act professionally in a home
- To understand how to act professionally in a commercial setting
- To understand how to communicate with your clients verbally
- How to clean surfaces
- The best way to dust
- How to effectively clean glass and mirrors
- The best techniques to clean hardwood flooring
- Know which clothing you should wear to keep safe
- Understand what basic cleaning products you will need as a cleaner
- Know what specialist equipment you may need for tougher jobs
- Why you may want to consider branding your clothing
- Clean a microwave
- Know Techniques for cleaning an oven
- Understand the best way to clean a cooker top (gas & electric)
- Know how to clean a refrigerator
- To learn about what you need to professionally clean a toilet
- To understand the cleaning routine for a bathroom and toilet
- To understand why you should use colour coded cloths
- To learn how to unclog drains
- To learn how cleaning offices differs from domestic cleaning
- To learn how to deal with office rubbish
- To learn how to clean office desks, lifts and vending areas
- To learn different techniques for cleaning staff toilets
- To learn about the different categories of waste
- To learn about the different types of waste containers
- To learn about the importance of maintaining cleanliness in waste container holding areas
- To learn about controlling the transfer flow of waste
- To be able to articulate what an ironing service entails
- To know whether you would be best suited working for yourself or someone else
- To understand how to iron shirts, trousers and skirts properly
- To know how to get wrinkles out of fabrics
Who can take the Cleaning Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Cleaning Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.