Cattery Business Certificate
Running your own cattery is hard work and a dream come true in equal parts. If you love animals, have a soft spot for feline friends and are driven enough to create your own business, a cattery may be the perfect option for you.
While it is important for you to know a lot about feline health, grooming habits and behaviour, you also need to know how to run a small business. There are also specific requirements that your company must comply with, if you want to obtain and successfully renew your licence.
This course goes over everything you need to know about running a cattery.
We begin by talking about the most practical aspect of any start-up company: your financing.
Next, we review your licensing requirements and how you can apply.
It is also important to have some knowledge about hiring and training staff, even if you plan on keeping things small at first.
Finally, we go over the record-keeping requirements that you need to be familiar with.
You Will Learn:
- The specific avenues you can take, to secure financing for your cattery
- The steps involved in applying for your licence, including a discussion about fees
- The reasons for hiring staff
- The specific points you should make sure that you include in all training sessions
- Ways in which you can comply with HMRC and your local authority, when it comes to creating and maintaining records
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understand why it is important to learn about the business side of animal care
- Find out specific places you can turn to for loans or grants
- If you are an animal enthusiast, learn more about turning that passion into an income
- If you have a career in animal care, learn how to become your own boss
- Learn about the three key pieces of animal welfare legislation that you as a cattery owner should be familiar with
Who can take the Cattery Business Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Cattery Business Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.