Choosing the right career path is essential, because it is what you are going to be doing for the rest of your working life. Many times, people choose the wrong career and become bored, listless or quit their job because they can’t do it anymore. If you are just starting out or considering what courses to take in college, now is the time to determine what career is best for you and why. If you have been in your career for a long time and want to make a change, you can also use this career planning course to help you determine what career is best for you and why.
This course gives you an introduction to various careers and how to select the right one for your needs. The first module addresses the various career sectors available and jobs within those sectors. Our second module focuses on how to choose the right career and take the steps to attain that career over time.
You Will Learn:
- The different career options available to you
- What you might be good at depending on your skills
- The skills that employers look for
- How to determine strengths and weaknesses (and how to improve them)
- Questions to ask yourself to determine the right career for you
- How to research career paths
- How to create a SMART goals list and create an action plan
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learn about career sectors and the various careers within them
- Learn what skills employers desire
- Learn to determine your weaknesses and how to improve them
- Learn what steps to take to find the right career for you (including educational requirements)
- Learn what things might hinder your success or make it more challenging
- Learn that it is ok to change your career path or goals as often as needed to find the right fit for you
Who can take the Career Planning Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Career Planning Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.