Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certification
Carbon monoxide kills hundreds of people each year. Virtually undetectable without specialist equipment, it is sometimes known as the “silent killer”.
This course addresses the problem of carbon monoxide exposure in the workplace. It combines factual information about the causes and consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning with practical guidance on how to reduce the risk of exposure.
You Will Learn:-
- What carbon monoxide is, how it is produced and its short and long-term effects on human health.
- How to prevent carbon monoxide leaks by choosing and maintaining suitable equipment, setting up a suitable workspace and making adjustments to work processes if necessary.
- The duties of employers and employees under the law and an overview of how health and safety legislation can act as a guide to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.
- What you need to do in the event of a carbon monoxide leak and how to work with third parties in reducing the risk of future incidents.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:-
- Any employer looking to further their knowledge of their obligations under health and safety law will benefit from taking this course.
- You will be able to identify potential sources of carbon monoxide poisoning in the workplace and take steps to remedy the situation.
- Anyone working in an environment which could potentially expose them to carbon monoxide will benefit from developing an understanding of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If you are interested in occupational health, this course will provide you with a valuable overview of a common workplace hazard.
Who can take the Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.