Cable and Wire Management Awareness Certification
Wire and cable management – does it matter? Yes, and it goes way beyond just organisation. There are proper methods of cable and wire management that are necessary for performance, efficiency and appearances. But most importantly, it is vital to maintain proper wire and cable management for health and safety reasons.
As an employer, it is necessary to keep your employees safe. Similarly, it is vital to ensure that clients are not exposed to any hazardous material or environments. Therefore, technicians are often encouraged to take a cable management course to keep themselves safe and to learn about proper wire and cable installations in order to keep their clients safe.
However, not only technicians benefit from a cable and wire management course, but also individuals carrying out their own equipment installation, as well as those who want to learn better ways to organise their cables.
What you will learn in this course:
- What is cable and wire management and why is it important?
- Ways to organise wires and cables
- Where to apply proper wire and cable management practices
- How cable management can affect overall performance and efficiency
Benefits of this course
- Understand why proper cable and wire management is vital for safety and how proper installation allows for longer material lifespan
- Learn how to keep an electrical area clean and safe
- Learn how to effectively and neatly organise cables and wire without compromising on performance or efficiency
- Understand the dangers associated with poor cable and wire exposures and how to avoid electrical hazards
- Become familiarised with ways to label cables and how to trace and locate them without spending too much time trying to identify them
Who can take the Cable and Wire Management Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Cable and Wire Management Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.