If you are like most people, you probably have things that you want to do in life. These things might include travelling, buying a house or getting a new car. What is the one thing these goals have in common? They all cost money. So, in order to meet your goals, you must take some time to budget your finances and save.
This course gives you a full overview of budgeting basics. We start with a module about what a budget is and we give you a step by step guide on how to create a budget that you can stick to. The second module goes even further into the basics of having a budget and it gives you information on how to create a budget that is powerful and foolproof.
You Will Learn:
- Why it is important to have a budget
- All of the necessary steps that you need to take to create the perfect budget based on your income
- How to apply all of your various expenses to your budget, making sure you don’t forget anything
- How to make sure all of the information that you place into your budget is accurate and true
- How to make realistic financial goals
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learn about why you should make a budget and how it can benefit you now and in years to come
- Understand how to set up a budget based on your personal income and expenses with no other information needed
- Learn how to save money for things that you have always wanted, such as a new car or home
- Ensure that you add everything necessary to your budget, including things that most people forget to add
- Understand how to get into the right mindset to put yourself on a path to financial freedom
Who can take the Budgeting Basics Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Budgeting Basics Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.