Blog Creation and Management Certification
If your business relies on social media and website traffic, in order to attract your customers, having employees with the right skill set, to execute a clearly-defined and effective social media strategy is imperative.
Blogging is an increasingly popular and effective mechanism for businesses to communicate with its customers, and this Blog Creation & Management Certification will give your employees all of the skills and knowledge that they need, in order to get started in this fast growing area.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The 10 modules in this course offer the learner a wealth of information regarding blog creation and management. Here are some examples of what they will learn:
- Basics of blogging, including key terms, the history and current uses of blogs and how they can be effective;
- How to set up a blog, such as choosing domain names and hosts, if it is a self-hosted blog, or choosing a blog hosting service;
- Ideas on how to choose blog topics that resonate with the target audience and are interesting, unique and benefit the business;
- Tips on how to produce high quality written and visual material in a blog and the importance of using media;
- Specific information and guidance on using blogs, in order to engage with the customers of your business and further grow the business,
- Making money from blogging, including using advertising or promotions and how to attract customers from blogs to purchase products or services;
- How networking with other bloggers can be beneficial, in order to expand the target audience and help with idea generation;
- Links between blogs and other social media platforms and methods to maximise the exposure to the blog, by engaging with users of other types of social media;
- How to remain protected from online security and safety threats.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are some of the many advantages for your employees undertaking this course:
- Students can easily combine work and study, due to the fact that they can complete bite-sized modules at their own pace and on any device;
- Their new skills will ensure maximum success for your business when using blogging to attract and retain customers;
- The course provides lifetime access to the valuable information contained in the course, so that students can refer back to it in the future.
- What is meant by the terms “blog”, “blogging” and other related phrases
- How blogging started and how it became popular among internet users
- The main reasons why people decide to write blogs
- The various groups of people who run blogs and what they often hope to achieve
- How to choose the right platform for your blog
- How to make the decision between using a blog hosting service and hosting your own blog
- The main features and costs associated with six of the most commonly used blogging platforms
- How to secure a domain name and hosting, if you decide to set up a self-hosted blog
- Why it is important to choose the right topic for your blog
- How to devise an initial list of ideas for blog topics
- How to select an idea that has the potential to make money at a later date
- How to research the existing level of interest around your topic
- Why producing high quality content should be your primary concern as a blogger
- The various kinds of blog post you may wish to publish to your blog
- How to devise ideas for your blog posts
- Why it is a good idea to plan your posts using a posting schedule or diary
- An overview of the most popular ways of making money from a blog
- How to make money by placing advertisements on your blog
- How to make money by promoting other peoples’ products on your blog
- How to make money by selling your own products via your blog
- Why it is helpful to think of yourself as a member of a wider blogging community
- Where you can find other bloggers writing in your niche
- How you can attract more readers to your blog by networking with other bloggers
- Why including guest posts on your blog is a good strategy for increasing engagement and traffic
- Why you should maintain a social media presence on at least once social media website
- An overview of the most popular social media platforms for bloggers and how each can be used to attract new readers and engage with your existing audience
- The kind of content you can post to social media and how it can be used to engage readers
- How to use social media to devise new ideas for blog content
- Why effective blogs often make use of images and videos alongside text
- Different types of blog content that is often enhanced by visual media
- Legal issues to consider when using other peoples’ media in your blog
- How to produce your own memorable visual media for use on your site
- Why you should consider starting a blog if you have a business
- How you can use content to engage with existing customers and attract new prospects
- How building an email list via a blog can provide you with a new means of selling products
- How to strike a balance between maintaining a professional image and showcasing the personality of your business
- Why you need to be aware of the most common online security threats
- An overview of the potential consequences of successful cyber-attacks
- The reasons why people attempt to hack into blogs and other websites
- Why you should keep backups of your blog content
Who can take the Blog Creation and Management Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Blog Creation and Management Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.