Becoming a Personal Stylist
(Course taken from Newskills Academy USA Library)
The personal stylist profession can be lucrative and rewarding in terms of experience. However, just like any other industry, it takes hard work to become a successful image consultant. A professional should learn the basics of color theory, fashion history and keep fashion trends and varied styles and looks at their fingertips.
Professional personal stylists help clients choose the best hair, clothes and makeup based on their budget, age, profession or type of work and body type. It is important for persons aspiring to take up a career in the industry to learn about what it takes to become a personal stylist or image consultant.
This course has been designed to help you learn everything that it takes to become a personal stylist.
You Will Learn:
- Benefits of working as an image consultant
- Requirements to becoming a personal stylist
- Why personal stylists should get certifications
- Qualities of a personal stylist
- Tips to becoming a personal stylist
- How personal stylists get clients
- Potential earnings of image consultants
- Who qualifies to become an image consultant
Benefits of Taking the Course
- Taking this course will help you:
- Know what it takes to become a personal stylist
- Determine if you want to become a personal stylist
- Determine if you have what it takes to become a personal stylist
- Learn how to become a personal stylist
- Decide whether you want to take up comprehensive courses for personal stylists
- Demonstrate the necessary business skills such as marketing for personal stylists
- Determine potential earnings
Who can take the Becoming a Personal Stylist Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Becoming a Personal Stylist Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.