Basic Fire Safety Awareness Certification
Learning all you can about fire safety is important for homeowners and businesses alike. Keeping your home, family, staff, and company protected in the event of a blaze is a priority for many people. One way many individuals protect themselves is by developing a compressive fire safety plan.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the importance of fire safety. This is achieved by talking about how fires begin, how they spread, and their common causes. The course also reviews basic building features designed to keep occupants safe, the details about fire extinguishers and their use, as well as the steps to take in the event of a blaze.
You Will Learn:
- The three elements that combine to form the “fire triangle” as well as ways in which fire can spread
- Common causes of fire and preventative measures you can take to reduce the risk
- The features most buildings have to prevent fires from spreading, warn occupants about a risk, and keep them safe while evacuating
- The main types of fire extinguishers and how to tell when you should use each one
- Information about the methods employed to use most standard fire extinguishers, regardless of type
- What to do in the event of a fire, including how to alert others to the dangers posed
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about how fires begin, which can help you develop strong preventative measures
- Gaining knowledge about how fires can spread and the steps to take to reduce those risks
- Exploring the common causes for fires that happen to business and residences, as well as how you can keep your home or business safe is a key part of developing a safety plan
- Acquiring an understanding of how to use the various safety features in buildings and how to spot malfunctions
- Gaining important information about what to do in the event of a fire
Who can take the Basic Fire Safety Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Basic Fire Safety Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.