Art Therapy Certification
Traditional talking therapies are often effective, but they do not meet the needs of all clients. Art therapy offers a non-verbal alternative that gives people a chance to explore distressing thoughts and feelings using a creative approach in a safe, controlled environment.
In this course, you will learn about the most common forms of art therapy, why it is beneficial for many groups and how aspiring art therapists can enter the field.
You Will Learn:
- What art therapy is, and an overview of the three main types of art therapy
- Why some people are more likely to benefit from art therapy than conventional talking treatments
- What happens in a typical art therapy session
- How art therapy can be used in conjunction with other forms of treatment
- How to qualify as an art therapist
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are considering seeking art therapy, this course will help you make an informed choice when searching for a provider
- If you have been invited to take part in art therapy, this course will tell you what to expect
- If you are thinking of entering the field of art therapy as a career, this course will give you an overview into what an art therapist does on a day to day basis
- If you support someone with a mental health problem who attends art therapy, this course will help you understand what they do in a typical session and why
Who can take the Art Therapy Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Art Therapy Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.