Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification
If you have individuals in your organisation who are responsible for the advertising and marketing strategies and initiatives of the company, this comprehensive Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification could be the ideal course to help them consolidate their existing knowledge and learn new skills in the field.
It’s simple for students to study at their own pace and around their existing work commitments, as the course is split into 18 concise 30-minute modules, organised by topic.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Students will learn about the following areas:
- An overview of the differences between advertising and marketing and an in-depth look at different types of marketing strategy and how to tailor strategies to your business;
- An understanding of media planning, including the processes within it and the importance of scheduling;
- How to use market research, in order to benefit the business, by understanding customer needs and how to effectively meet their expectations;
- Tips on how to create great advertising campaigns and effective adverts, including a definition of viral and social media marketing and how to use both to the greatest effect;
- How to purchase advertising space that works for your target market, as well as the different types of advertising space available;
- A summary of laws and regulations relating to advertising in the UK;
- Types of mistakes that can be made when advertising and how to avoid them;
- Tips on how to progress a career in the advertising and marketing field;
- Common advertising abbreviations that are in general use, as well as examples of effective adverts.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are some of the many advantages of undertaking this course:
- You can help your team member’s career progression, by supporting them to gain comprehensive skills in marketing and advertising and undertake a structured certification;
- Students can easily combine work and study, due to the fact that they can complete bite-sized modules at their own pace and on any device;
- Students will receive a certified diploma which is valued by many employers in the field;
- Students can benefit from having lifetime access to the valuable information contained within the course.
- To learn the difference between advertising and marketing
- To understand the components of advertising
- To learn about the role as an advertiser
- To understand the advertising industry
- To learn what media planning is
- To understand what a professional media planner does
- To learn about the media planning process
- To learn about media scheduling
- To learn about different types of marketing strategies
- To understand how marketing strategies can benefit a business
- To learn which marketing strategies might work best for your business
- To learn the differences and similarities between marketing strategies
- To learn about the history of advertising
- To learn what advertising can do for a business
- To understand about the different methods of advertising
- To understand viral advertising
- To learn about customer research
- To understand how important customer research is to a business
- To learn how to gauge customer satisfaction
- To understand the types of market research
- To learn how to set an appropriate marketing and advertising budget
- To learn about keeping a budget for marketing and advertising
- To learn about traditional media channels
- To understand how to stick to a budget
- To understand what positioning means in a marketing sense
- To learn how to define your brand's message
- To understand how to create messages using positioning marketing
- To learn the ways to position your message
- To learn about the different elements of advertising
- To understand the key of a successful advertising campaign
- To learn which elements work in which circumstances
- To learn how to target an audience with an advertising campaign
- To learn how to create ads for different media
- To learn about different advert options
- To learn how to write an advert
- To understand the parts of a perfect advert
- To learn about the responsibilities of a media buyer
- To understand how media buyers identify a target audience
- To learn how to buy advertising space
- To understand how to decide which advertising space is best for your product
- To learn how to create a buzz with advertising
- To learn different methods to ‘go viral'
- To understand how viral marketing works
- To see the importance of the customer experience in viral marketing
- To learn about the significance of social media marketing
- To learn how social media marketing can improve an overall marketing plan
- To learn how to engage with customers via social media
- To learn about social marketing and how you can use it in your company
- To learn about the marketing pitfalls that marketers run into
- To learn how to avoid common mistakes
- To understand why some advertisements do not work
- To learn the importance of research in designing adverts
- To learn about different abbreviations in the marketing industry
- To understand how to use these abbreviations in the industry
- To learn how to find a unique selling point
- To understand how certain advertising tactics work
- To understand who regulates UK advertising law
- To learn about UK advertising codes
- To learn about advertising to children
- To understand gambling advertising
- To learn the intricate details of print and online advertising
- To understand how print media use adverts
- To understand how online media use adverts
- To learn how to use print advertising for a business
- To learn how to examine different advertising types
- To see how advertising works in the real world with companies you know
- To see examples of common advertising examples from the UK
- To learn how billboards can work for a business
- To learn about different career options in advertising and marketing
- To learn how to progress in marketing and advertising
- To learn some tips to make yourself attractive to marketing and advertising firms
- To understand how to make yourself stand out from the crowd
Who can take the Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 18 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 18 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 18 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Level 2 Advertising & Marketing Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.