Advanced English Spelling Certificate
Good spelling skills are essential in every professional environment. They help you to clearly communicate complex messages. However, the English language is complicated and it’s easy to make mistakes.
This course will teach you how to avoid the most common pitfalls, when it comes to spelling, capitalisation, prefixes and suffixes. You will also learn how to use spelling games, in order to cement your knowledge.
You will Learn:
- How to spell some of the most confusing words in the English language and where people usually go wrong
- How to use prefixes, to change the meaning of a word and when to use a hyphen between a prefix and a base word
- How to use suffixes, to change the meaning of a word, including the rules governing the use of vowel and consonant suffixes
- When to use capital letters and how you can use spelling exercises and games in order to improve your understanding
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Whatever your occupation, this course will help you create more professional business correspondence, e-mail messages and more.
- Building your spelling skills will also help you improve your reading ability, which is useful both in and outside of work.
- If you are responsible for proofreading documents as part of your job, this course will help you identify errors.
- If you work in the education or training sector, this course will help you assist others in developing their literacy skills.
Who can take the Advanced English Spelling Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Advanced English Spelling Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.