ADHD Awareness Certification
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects individuals of all ages, from childhood to adulthood. It is characterised by difficulties in maintaining attention, controlling impulses, and regulating hyperactivity. This course aims to provide a comprehensive exploration of ADHD, from its underlying neurobiology to practical strategies for effective management.
ADHD is not simply a matter of being distracted or hyperactive; it's a complex condition that can significantly impact various aspects of an individual's life, including academic performance, work, relationships, and self-esteem. However, with proper understanding and appropriate interventions, individuals with ADHD can learn to harness their strengths and overcome challenges, leading to improved overall functioning and well-being.
Introduction to the ADHD Awareness Certification Course
Whether you are a parent, educator, healthcare professional, or someone personally affected by ADHD, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to navigate the complexities of ADHD and contribute to the well-being and success of those living with the condition.
What You Will Learn
The ADHD course will provide a full overview of what ADHD is, how it is treated, theories surrounding ADHD, and how to live a full life with the condition. When taking this course, you will learn:
- An introduction and history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- ADHD and the family structure.
- How ADHD is diagnosed.
- How ADHD affects children, adolescents, teens, and adults.
- The different treatment methods and therapies for ADHD.
- How to recognise behavioural patterns in individuals with ADHD.
- What the future of ADHD might look like.
- About the misconceptions often associated with ADHD.
- Examples of ADHD success stories.
Benefits of Taking the ADHD Awareness Certification course
- The ability to study anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. You can study during your lunch break, at home, or almost anywhere.
- There is no time limit, so you can complete the course in days, weeks, or even months.
- An easy-to-follow structure, making the experience enjoyable.
- Access to online support, to help you stay on track as you study.
- Enhance your professional skills and knowledge. This can lead to improved support for individuals with ADHD.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in the field.
- The basic definition of ADHD.
- Who discovered it and created the term.
- How understanding has changed over the years.
- How to start to take control of the issues.
- How a child with ADHD can act within a family.
- A look at how the parents can initially deal with such a condition.
- How siblings can deal with, or be helped, in this situation.
- The future for the family when a child has ADHD.
- The initial symptoms to look out for
- How to get that all-important diagnosis
- The first treatments that could be an option
- How to know if those treatments are making a difference
- What is going on in the child with ADHD?
- How it bursts out and affects them.
- Dealing with those initial outbursts.
- Preventing things from getting worse.
- The problems of a later diagnosis.
- Signs in adolescence that all is not well.
- How it affects their ability to evolve into an adult.
- How to move forward in this situation.
- The latest research on ADHD in adults.
- How it progresses into this stage of life.
- How to still get treatment.
- How to help the individual.
- The key medications that are used for the treatment of ADHD.
- Potential side effects associated with these medications.
- Therapies that are available, that can also help.
- What to do if you feel that the treatment is not helping.
- What we actually mean by the holistic approach.
- The key treatments associated with this approach.
- How effective are they going to be?
- Combining both options, to improve the quality of life.
- What we mean by patterns of behaviour.
- The key patterns to look out for.
- How to react when you spot this behaviour.
- Is there anything to worry about - and how do you proceed?
- The basic steps when handling a child with ADHD.
- The key mistakes you must avoid making.
- Important strategies to put into place to help you.
- How to seek help and not struggle all on your own.
- Common everyday issues for people with ADHD.
- Common everyday issues for those that help people with ADHD.
- How a person with ADHD can overcome them.
- How a person without ADHD can overcome their issues.
- Why a diagnosis does not have to ruin their future.
- The picture of the future, according to those that do not understand it.
- The actual future that can be out there.
- How to make sure that you can have the future that you want with ADHD.
- The most common misconceptions linked to the condition.
- What the reality is for those with the condition.
- How these misconceptions hurt those that have the condition.
- What to do in order to rectify the situation.
- Examples of success stories of those with ADHD.
- The key lessons to take from these success stories.
- How to take those lessons - and put them into action.
- A step by step breakdown on how to improve the life of the sufferer, due to these lessons.
- The absolute key points on how ADHD affects the individual.
- The key points on how to help those individuals.
- How to improve your ability to deal with the condition.
- Where to get further help.
Who can take the ADHD Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 15 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 15 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 15 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the ADHD Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.